About the Girls' Leadership Academy
In 2019 Kijiji Afrika will host it's first Girls' Leadership Academy targeting 50 girls from different rural villages (Kijiji) that demonstrate great potential for leadership transformation.The 10 days academy will focus on twelve sessions ranging from;
- Self Leadership and Personal Development,
- Mental Health,
- Sexual and Reproductive Health,
- Building Safe Spaces,
- Overcoming family and childhood struggles,
- Speaking out against gender stereotypes and inequalities
- Combating Poverty,
- Building health personal networks,
- Mapping opportunities,
- Ending early pregnancies and early marriages..................................
An elaborate and exciting curricula has been developed by the team of mentors.Different participatory & youth friendly tools and methods of learning will be applied. The Academy will also paired with sessions on talent search.A host of local inspiring public speakers and leaders will also be invited to address the academy. The 10 days programs will be followed by a monthly networking event for the subsequent 6 months.At the end of the day, the academy will not only deliver global young leaders but weave a leadership networking platform for the new graduates to aid peer-peer mentorship.
Kijiji Afrika aim to host 4 annual Girls' Leadership Academy beginning 2020.Every Single Academy will target atleast 50 girls from different counties in Kenya.